2017 AHIP Certification Is Available June 20th, 2016. UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions is accepting America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) certification and AHIP re-certification in place of:
- 2017 Medicare Basics
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 Medicare Part D Plans (Prescription Drug Plans)
UnitedHealthcare will accept either a new AHIP certification or re-certification if you are a returning AHIP user. Returning users will be directed to specific re-certifcation modules upon accessing their AHIP account.
AHIP Certification Options
- Beginning on June 20, 2016, you can take the AHIP courses directly from the AHIP website.
- However, you will need to return to the Learning Center on the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal on or after June 27, 2016, to transfer credits to UnitedHealthcare for the 2017 certification year. In addition, those that certify with AHIP will need to complete additional prerequisites (2017 Ethics & Compliance and a 2017 AARP® Course) to become certified to sell UnitedHealthcare products. Lastly, if you sell other types of plans in addition to Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D, you will need to complete additional, relevant certification modules, such as Dual or Chronic Special Needs Plans or Medicare Supplement Insurance. For more information, please consult the AHIP website.
- Beginning on June 27, 2016 you can take AHIP courses from the Learning Center on the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal.
- UnitedHealthcare $50 discount on AHIP Courses - If you access the Learning Center on or after June 27, 2016,you will be eligible for a $50 discount offered by UnitedHealthcare on AHIP courses. This discount will be automatically be transferred and applied upon payment on the AHIP site. For example, the cost of the AHIP course is $175 - UnitedHealthcare $50 discount = $125 cost to agent. Note: You must access the AHIP courses from the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal to receive the UnitedHealthcare $50 discount; the discount will not be applied if you take the courses directly from the AHIP site.
Once an agent begins the certification process with AHIP or UnitedHealthcare, they must complete certification, using that same medium, within six attempts.
Note: AHIP courses are purchased in groups of three attempts. An agent who fails to pass the AHIP course within six attempts is not permitted to restart the certification process through UnitedHealthcare and is not permitted to sell any UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions products for the applicable plan year.
UnitedHealthcare 2017 certification will be available
beginning on June 27, 2016!
If you are not planning to certify through AHIP, stay tuned for more information, about UnitedHealthcare certification. Start planning to take the 2017 certification beginning June 27, 2016, by ensuring your licenses and appointments are in order by checking the UnitedHealthcare Distribution Portal.
If you have any questions about certification for 2017, contact your agent manager, up-line or the Producer Help Desk at [email protected]. Please include your writing number in the subject line of the email.