WellCare has a few marketing, application, and commission reminders.
CMS Site-Based Marketing Policy Change
CMS has updated the policy regarding allowable marketing activities at specific location types. Effective immediately, agents CAN market a Plan via Educational, Formal and/or Informal activities at the following locations:
- Skilled nursing facility
- Nursing home
- Assisted living facility
- Halfway house
However, marketing activities at an assisted living facility and/or a halfway house may NOT be conducted toward a beneficiary using an SEP election type.
Keep track of application status through the Application Search Tool in your Agent Connect Portal! Simply click on your Agent History tab and select the Application Search Tool for application details.
Please reference the following definitions of each application status.
- Pending Review: Received but not yet approved by CMS
- Enrolled-Active: Received/approved and actively enrolled
- Rejected: Invalid application; unable to process
- Plan-Change: Plan change with no break in coverage
- Future Enroll: Received/approved, and the coverage will begin on the effective date
- Current Member: No plan changes and no break in coverage