********* THIS JUST IN FROM BRIGHT HEALTH **********
In Bright Health Plan’s initial communication about adjusting benefits in response to the COVID-19 crisis, we announced that we would cover all costs related to the use of telemedicine for the screening and diagnosis of COVID-19.
As we continue to find ways to support our members through these unique times, we are happy to announce the implementation of Doctor on Demand (DOD) as the in-network option for telehealth across all Bright Health plans and markets. This includes both Individual and Family Plans as well as Medicare plans, and will also cover telehealth needs beyond COVID-19.
What does this mean for Bright Health Members?
- We continue to encourage our members to call their PCP for direction first
- Doctor on Demand is available any time their PCP is not
How does it work?
- Member can access DOD (and additional details) through the Member Hub later this week or Bright Health’s COVID-19 page now
- Then access the medical or mental health topic for which they need care
What is covered?
- Free COVID-19 screening
- Primary care-related service at the same copay as regular PCP visits
- Behavioral health services (members will be required to cover upfront cost and receive reimbursement once claim is processed)
How does COVID-19 screening work on DOD?
- An on-demand questionnaire will be provided
- Member will be informed of their risk level and if they should wait to speak to a DOD provider
- DOD provider will provide course of treatment based upon member’s condition
- Additional directions for at-home care and warning signs to watch for
- Arrangements will be made with local care provider for further testing and care
- DOD will continue to follow up with member’s care for the coming weeks
We will continue to develop and provide resources to help you understand the member experience when using this type of care. Check the Broker Events Calendar on BrightHealthBroker.com regularly for additional training events.
We are confident in our new partners at Doctor on Demand, and again we do encourage our members to first attempt to access their PCP.
Thank you for your partnership, and hope you are doing well during this time. If you have questions or need anything, please email the Broker Service Unit at[email protected] or call us at 888-325-1747. We are available Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm CST.