Agents/Brokers: January 15, 2016 is the last day for consumers to enroll in coverage beginning on February 1, 2016
The next Open Enrollment deadline for plan year 2016 is on January 15, 2016. This is the last day for consumers to enroll in coverage through the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) to start on February 1, 2016. As the deadline approaches, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) expects heavier-than-normal traffice at the Marketplace Call Center and at Healthcare.gov. To help make sure that your clients are able to submit their application on time, CMS offers the following suggestions to help you and your clients navigate the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Reduce your wait time when contacting the Marketplace Call Center by avoiding calling during the following peak periods:
- 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM Eastern Time (ET)
- 4:00 PM ET and 6:00 PM ET
- January 13-15 and January 29-31
- Please hold off on contacting the Marketplace Call Center for questions and changes that can wait until after January 15, 2016.
If you have any questions about the FFM agent and broker program, please email the FFM Producer and Assister Help Desk at FFMProducer–[email protected].
You may also contact the Agent and Broker Call Center by calling 1-855-CMS-1515 (865-267-1515) and selecting option "1." Call center Representatives are availalbe Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM PM ET.
Please note that the Agent and Broker Call Center will not have access to consumer information and will not be able to handle specific questions or issues with a consumer's application. For assistnace with those inquiries:
- Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 for assistance with enrolling consumers in coverage through the Individual Marketplace.
- Call the Small Business Health Options (SHOP) Call Center at 1-800-706-7893 for assistnace related to coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.
The Agents and Brokers Resources webpage also contains resources you can use to assist clients in selecting and enrolling in coverage through the Individual Marketplace, and to help employers and employees obtain coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.