As you gear-up for the 2015 Open Enrollment Period we know member renewals are top-of-mind. We want to provide information about how to efficiently renew your clients with Humana so
The message for consumers is “Get covered. Stay covered.” We encourage you to use this Roadmap as an action plan to retain your current book of business with Humana.
- A short Roadmap with Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) guide has been created to help you answer questions from your clients and can be found here.
- Starting November 15: You can help them choose a new plan (if desired), and re-calculate their Advanced Premium Tax Credit for 2015 (if necessary)
- All Humana Individual Major Medical members that purchased a plan with a 2014 effective date have the option to continue to pay their new monthly payment and no other action will be needed to keep their plan.
- Don’t forget to include your agent name, Health Insurance Marketplace (FFM) User ID and National Producer Number (NPN) on any communications with your clients this season!
- On-Exchange clients will need the information when they enroll on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Remember your client always has options. If they would like to enroll in a different plan for 2015, the Open Enrollment Period (OEP) runs from November 15th - February 15th.
- On November 7th, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) projects Healthcare.gov will be open to view rates and plans; however, there will be no enrollment capabilities until November 15th. Shortly after November 7th, Agent Workbench will be available.
As always, we stand ready to help you with any other questions that may come up, though. Contact us at (866)568-9649 for any additional questions.
Thank you for a very successful 2014 Open Enrollment Period (OEP), and we are excited about the opportunity the 2015 season presents us all.