As part of SBLI’s ongoing commitment to providing you with the very best and most convenient features and services, I am pleased to share several important updates from our Underwriting, New
- Year-End Processing - Underwriting will continue to approve and issue cases through December 31, 2014.
- Director of Financial Underwriting - A new Underwriting resource has been added to assist with your large-face and complex cases.
- SBLI Expansion - We are now selling in 48 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Whole Life Products - We have six new whole life products with up to eight riders.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider – This rider is included on all new policies (no premium charge).
- 2014 Year-End Processing Guidelines:
- All money to put new cases in force should be received in the home office by close of business on December 29, 2014. After December 29, we will make every effort to apply money as a final requirement to issued cases up until we close for business on December 31 at 1:00 p.m.
- All 1035 paperwork, including funds, must be received in the home office by close of business on December 29, 2014.
- All 2014 term conversion paperwork and premium must be received in the home office by close of business on December 29, 2014.
- iGO e-App - The full e-Application remains available on iPipeline.
- Data Feeds - We provide hourly updates to AgencyWorks, SmartOffice, Ebix, and E-ZData from 6am-9pm EST.
- Enhanced Agency Communications - Proactive e-mail communications are now available on both pending new business as well as in-force policies. Enrollment is available via the agent website.
- Expanded Hours - Hours of operation are 8am - 9pm EST.
- ExamOne’s Inside Look - Lab results are available online directly to clients atwww.myexamone.com.
- Customer Website MySBLI.com* - Below are just a few options which are available to the client on our self-service website.
- Make a payment
- Schedule a payment
- Set billing reminders
- Update personal information
- Electronic Premium Payments*
- Telephone Payments - Electronic premium payments can be made via our automated telephone system.
- Online Payments - Payments can also be made via MySBLI.com.
*Payments/updates can only be made once the policy is in-force.
Annuities (Year-end reminders)
- 2014 Required Minimum Distributions from traditional IRAs.
- All requests for 2014 Required Minimum Distributions must be received, complete, and in good order at SBLI’s home office no later than December 31, 2014.
- Commission - SBLI pays commissions on a weekly basis!
- Regular Commission Run - Our regularly scheduled commission cycle will take place on December 26, 2014.
- Special Commission Cycle - A year-end commission cycle will also take place on Wednesday night, December 31, 2014. This special cycle will allow us to distribute commissions for any activity taking place on December 29, 30, and 31. In addition, any balances under $200 (our current minimum check amount) will be distributed in this special commission cycle.