Here is a quick guide to navigating sales and marketing during the new OEP.
Who can make a change?
- Enrollees in an MA or MAPD plan
- Newly MA-eligible individuals
Who may not make a change?
- Beneficiaries enrolled in original Medicare
- Beneficiaries enrolled in a Medicare cost plan
- Beneficiaries enrolled in a standalone Part D plan
What changes are allowed?
- MA-Only to MA-Only
- MA-Only to MAPD
- MAPD to MA-Only
- MAPD to MAPD
- MA-Only or MAPD to original Medicare (with or without PDP)
What changes are not allowed?
- Switching from original Medicare
- Addition of Pard-D to original Medicare
- Enrollment into a Medicare cost plan
- Standalone PDP to a different standalone PDP
What marketing is permitted during OEP?
- Sending marketing materials when a beneficiary makes a proactive request
- At the beneficiary's request, having one-on-one meetings
- At the beneficiary's request, providing information on the OEP
- Target age-ins, duals, and LIS beneficiaries
- Staying in touch with your existing customers
What marketing is not permitted during OEP?
- Sending unsolicited materials advertising or referencing the OEP opportunity
- Specifically targeting beneficiaries who are in the OEP by mailing list or other means of identification
- Engaging in or promoting activities intended to target OEP for further sales
- Calling or otherwise contacting former enrollees who have selected a new plan during AEP