BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee: Important News for Individual Brokers as 2023 Open Enrollment Approaches
It’s nearly time for individual plan members to begin renewing their health plans. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee wanted to make sure you’re aware of some changes to our Individual On/Off-Marketplace plans for 2023:
- They’re increasing their broker commissions to $20 for on- and off-Marketplace plans. This change applies to both new policies and renewals. To see the full details of their 2023 commission schedule, please click here.
- Individual plan members will no longer have access to the BlueCard network, meaning their plans won’t cover non-emergency out-of-state care except with providers in contiguous counties who are contracted in BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee networks.
- Their on- and off-Marketplace plans will all use the Rx06/Advance Choice pharmacy network, which doesn’t include Walgreens.
- On Jan. 1, 2023, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is replacing PhysicianNow® Powered by MDLive with TeladocTM Health. Members will be able to use this new service to get support for all the same conditions PhysicianNow covered – plus new ones like back and joint pain, mental health and even nutrition. They’ll be providing more information on Teladoc Health in an upcoming email notice.
- Blue Network ESM will replace Blue Network LSM in the Nashville and Memphis regions. Network E includes most providers in Network L, but is their most affordable provider network and will save members about 19% on premiums compared to Blue Network SSM.
As with last year, you'll be able to view the On/Off-Marketplace Report by logging in to your broker account at bcbst.com when Open Enrollment begins on Nov. 1. This report makes it easy to quickly see whether members have received On/Off-Marketplace letters, and which letters they received.
Common On/Off-Marketplace Report Questions:
Q: Where can I find this report?
A: It’s located under Compensation & Book of Business Reports in the Main Menu of your bcbst.com broker account.
Q: What should I do if I have problems logging in, or if my subscriber/member information is incorrect?
A: Please contact Broker Single Point of Contact at 1-800-351-9325.
Q: How often will the report be updated?
A: Reports are updated weekly.
Q: Will the report show historical data?
A: No. The report will only show data for the current 2022 mailing. For questions about mailings for prior years, brokers should contact Broker Single Point of Contact at 1-800-351-9325.
Q: Will the report include my Over 65 Medicare Supplement members?
A: No. This report will only be for your Individual On/Off-Marketplace book of business.
Q: Will I be able to access copies of a specific member’s letters?
A: If you need a copy of a specific member’s letter, please contact Broker Single Point of Contact at 1-800-351-9325.
Q: Can I search the report to find a specific member?
A: Yes. This report will be available in an Excel format, so you can search for a specific member using CTRL + F (or CMD + F for Mac).
If you have any questions, call us today at 866-568-9649!