One way to nurture a good relationship with your clients is to help them with things throughout the year. An example of this would be helping them understand their taxes!
To ensure that you have everything you will need to best serve all of your clients in this tax season, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have developed numerous tax related resources for agents; as well as for brokers.
During tax season, you may not assist clients with filing taxes. The exception to this, of course, would be if you are a licensed tax professional, in which case you may. If you aren't, you can still help them in other ways. For instance, you may do any of the following:
- Help your clients understand what a Form 1095-A is and what it means as they prepare their taxes.
- Help your clients understand the timing for receiving a Form 1095-A, what to look for in the mail, and remind them that it is an important tax document.
- Show your clients how to access their Form 1095-A in their online accounts — or if you are using an approved EDE partner’s website, you can download a copy of your client’s tax forms and provide these to them directly.
- Ensure your clients are aware of the potential implications of not providing accurate and up-to-date information on their Marketplace application, and the implications of not reconciling advance payments of the premium tax credit (APTC) for prior years.
- Help your clients understand how to reconcile their APTC with the premium tax credit (PTC) allowed based on their earned income.
To help you better assist your clients during tax season, CMS has prepared the following resources for Marketplace agents and brokers:
Do you have any questions? Check out CMS's FAQs for Agents and Brokers website or contact the Agent/Broker Email Help Desk at
With the end of AEP right around the corner, Humana has some last minute application topics.
Sometimes during the last day of an enrollment period, Humana systems are overloaded by the volume of activity. If this happens, and you need to use Enrollment Hub for an Electronic or Telephonic Signature for a last minute enrollment, please try using this link to access Enrollment Hub Directly (instead of through Vantage):
Please read below for requirements about Social Security Numbers provided by Healthcare.gov.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) would like to provide the following reminders about Marketplace requirements to agents and brokers:
Learn more about Ambetter's 2024 health products by attending their training sessions. Choose from the virtual training sessions below to register.
If you have any questions, please call us at 866-568-9649!