Broker and Issuer Information Transfer is Limited for Colorado Connect Enrollments
Due to system limitations, some Colorado Connect enrollment data about Broker associations will not be automatically sent to health insurance companies (also referred to as "issuers”) in the month of November. Connect for Health Colorado is establishing a short-term manual solution for this problem, and a permanent solution is expected to be implemented sometime in 2023.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) data is automatically sent to issuers when new enrollments occur. Colorado Connect currently does not have the capability to send EDI data about the Broker that enrolled a customer in a plan through Colorado Connect, so issuers are not receiving that information. Connect for Health Colorado is currently establishing a manual solution.
Impacts to Connect For Health Colorado's Work
They hope to establish a manual solution for this limitation before the end of November. They will provide more information and direction once the solution is finalized. Until then, issuers will not receive information about the Brokers who helped enroll customers in plans through Colorado Connect.
Impacts to Brokers
Before the manual solution is implemented, Brokers may experience the following:
- They may not be able to complete issuer services for their Colorado Connect customers in the Broker Portal or other computer systems.
- They may not be able to see a particular customer in the issuer's reporting systems.
- The customer service departments at health insurance companies may not recognize Brokers who call in on behalf of a customer because the Broker isn't in their system. Brokers can work around this by having the customer verbally authorize the issuer to let the Broker obtain information needed to service the customer's account.
If a manual solution is implemented before the end of November and issuers manually load the missing EDI data, Broker commissions will not be impacted. Connect For Health Colorado will communicate any commission disruptions to you if any occur.
Impacts to Issuers
Issuers rely on EDI data for keeping accurate information about Brokers and their enrollments. Before the manual solution is implemented, issuers may experience the following:
- They may see incomplete information about Brokers and their enrollments in their systems.
- Customer service departments at health insurance companies may not be able to assist Brokers who call in on behalf of a customer unless the customer verbally authorizes the customer service representative to share information with the Broker.
Upcoming CBMS/PEAK/PEAKPro Outage
Summary: CBMS/PEAK/PEAKPro will be unavailable on Saturday, December 10th, from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Details: Will be moving their December 2022 CBMS/PEAK Waterfall Build into Production.
If you have any questions, call us today at 866-568-9649!